The first Oklahoma recruiting class with Lincoln Riley as head coach, the 2018 class, was one that got Sooner fans excited. The top ten class brought in talented players who can both contribute immediately and help stock up depth.
Last year, TFB looked at SS17 each week to see how they contributed on the field. This year, we’ll do the same with ST2K18, looking at stats and big plays.
* The share of each stat category that ST2K18 was responsible for is shown on the right.
Seven members of ST2K18 played on Saturday.
* On the season, an average of seven members of ST2K18 are playing per game.
* Perkins is the team leader in sacks with 5.
* Perkins is 3rd on the team in tackles for loss with 8.0.
The new NCAA rule allows players to participate in up to four games and still classify the season as a redshirt. As such:
* Ronnie Perkins, TJ Pledger, Bookie, Delarrin Turner-Yell, DaShaun White, and Brayden Willis were already ineligible to redshirt. Now, Patrick Fields is as well.
* Jaylon Robinson is at the maximum and cannot play in anymore games if he plans to redshirt.
* Miguel Edwards and Nik Bonitto are at three games and can play one more with a redshirt still an option.
* In the Season Stats file above, players who cannot possibly exceed the maximum of four games at this point in the season are now marked as redshirting. Bonitto, Edwards, and Robinson are the only ones whose status is still undecided.
— Sooner Gridiron (@soonergridiron) December 3, 2018