– DaShaun White: As you all know by now, Wednesday night Coach Kish did a second in-home visit with DaShaun White and it went very well.
It sounds like this visit was less about football and more of a bonding experience for White. White said, speaking about coach Kish, “It was really good. That’s the dude right there. Always thought highly of him but when you get him not recruiting you see him and see how he’s a really good man.”
White’s family built a strong bond early on with the Texas A&M staff so it’s understandable that White’s mother has wanted DaShaun to take things slow. This has been one of the obstacles the Sooners have needed to overcome. The Sooners have been persistent and according to White, it paid. After last night visit White said, “It’s safe to say they won her over”.
Texas A&M’s new head coach, Jimbo Fisher, did a in-home visit with White this evening. Coach Riley will be in to see DaShaun next Thursday.
White’s team is still in the playoffs. In terms of an announcement timeline White continues to tell us he will announce after the season, “I’m enjoying it (the season) so much right now. I’ll probably work this all out once our season ends.” – (Brandon)
– We have confirmed that Sooners HC, Lincoln Riley and DB coach Cooks will do a in-home visit with Josh Proctor next week. While K mentioned over on the donor board that Proctor seems to be leaning towards signing early, I am told that Proctor keeps going back and forth and that Riley has been communicating with Josh which may be giving him pause. Don’t count the Sooners out yet. Let Lincoln Riley do his work. – (Brandon)
– Interesting note here, I’m told that someone from Van Jefferson’s camp reached out to Oklahoma. As you all know, Van Jefferson was a OU WR target in high school who ended up signing with Ole Miss. He plans on transferring from Ole Miss and is expected to be immediately eligible. No word just yet on OU’s interest level but it sounds like they will at least speak with Jefferson’s people.
Jefferson will be in Ann Arbor this weekend with Shea Patterson and Deontay Anderson to visit Michigan. – (Brandon)
– Coach Riley was in Florida and Georgia earlier this week to see Bookie and TJ Pledger along with star 2019 WR and UGA commit, Jadon Haselwood. Haselwood has emerged as a major priority for the Sooners given his many ties to OU as both his father and grandfather attended OU.
On the Bookie front, we are told that the Sooners remain confident in where they stand with the standout cornerback. – (Brandon & Super K)
– Best Playcaller in the Big 12: Had a conversation recently with a friend who is on a defensive staff in the Big 12. Friend said something in the course of the conversation that I figured you all would like to hear.
“Riley just keeps getting better. He has the personnel too but I’d say he’s now a better game day play caller than Kliff [Kingsbury]”.
Most would consider Kliff and the Texas Tech staff as the top game day play callers in the conference so this is high praise coming from a man who knows defense. – (Super K)
– Rodney Anderson: Wednesday, the team had their first day of team workouts since the incident involving Rodney Anderson broke. I am told that Rodney Anderson did workout with the team. – (Super K)
– Nik Bonitto Visiting: I spoke with 2018 OLB, Nik Bonitto last night and plan on having a write-up about him but did want to pass along that he tells me he will take a official visit to Oklahoma next weekend. You’ll recall we mentioned that JUCO OLB Byrant Pirtle Jr. will also be in Norman next weekend.
Mike Stoops was out to see Bonitto yesterday on the same day that Texas DC, Todd Orlando made it out… – (Super K)
— TFB Texas (@TFB_Texas) December 8, 2017