– Bryant Pirtle Jr: Last week I mentioned a LB/DE name to know in JUCO defender Bryant Pirtle. This past weekend the Sooners did extend an offer to Pirtle.
Blessed to receive my 25th offer from the University of Oklahoma!!! pic.twitter.com/QAlF2Ytsv7
— Bryant Pirtle Jr. (@thecityneedsme) October 23, 2017
After the offer Pirtle, who recently released a top five that did not include Oklahoma, said, “You can definitely say they’re in my top five now. That’s an opportunity of a lifetime”.
Pirtle recently picked up a TAMU offer and is expected to visit College Station on November 4th. We heard from a source that he would likely commit to TAMU once he made it to campus. However, Pirtle tells us that with the offer to OU he wants to visit Norman first.
He plays this weekend so he will not be able to make it to Norman for the Texas Tech game. I still believe that when Pirtle visits will be, in large part, contingent on how early Oklahoma wants to bring him in. OU has some young pass rushers already on campus and with Jeremiah Martin coming in this weekend they may want to wait and see how things shake out. – (Brandon)
– Nik Bonitto: Earlier this week, I spoke briefly with 2018 FL LB, Nik Bonitto (St. Thomas Aquinas) and he tells me that the Sooner staff is trying to get him on a visit to Norman on Novemeber 11th for the TCU game. Bonitto says he is unsure if he can visit that weekend due to start of playoffs but does plan on visiting.
Bonitto is just coming off a official visit to Texas. Bonitto does hold an offer from Oklahoma however we are still trying to ascertain where he is on the pecking order and whether he and Jeremiah Martin along with perhaps Pirtle are vying for the same spot. – (Brandon)
– Dominick Wood-Anderson: Earlier this week, the talented JUCO TE, Dom Wood-Anderson just decommitted from Texas. This doesn’t come as a huge surprise. Rumors have been swirling about for a while.
— Reasons (@TheRealYungDom) October 23, 2017
Alabama feels pretty confident but our sources on the Sooners side believe he will take a official visit to OU. OU’s offense vs. Alabama’s offense…gotta think OU has a chance there. Mark Andrews production has to help.
Spoke with a source on the Texas side who told me that Wood-Anderson is still considering Texas but also added that they now feel the greatest threat to them is Oklahoma. – (Super K)
– Chris Steele: A guy to know is 2019 DB, Chris Steele (Bellflower, CA). Steele has offers from just about everyone in the country including Oklahoma. I had actually spoken with him last week and he told me he plans to visit OU sometime this season. Seems very high on OU. Has been communicating with the whole staff. Yesterday, he posted the edit below.
— Chris Steele (@KinggChris7) October 24, 2017
– 2018 Official Visitors for This Weekend:
We had previously reported most of these but have reconfirmed some of the bigger name recruits, especially those who are committed elsewhere.
DB Leon O’Neal (TAMU commit) – reconfirmed with him last night and he still plans on visiting
LB DaShaun White (TAMU commit) – reconfirmed with him last week and he still plans on visiting
LB Ayodele Adeoye (Texas commit) – reconfirmed with him yesterday and he still plans on visiting
DE Jeremiah Martin – reconfirmed with him last week and he still plans on visiting
DE Ronnie Perkins – you saw the smokin’ OU edit last week
DE Micah Parsons – we first reported and confirmed this just last week. Will likely reconfirm later in the week
LB Raymond Scott (USC commit) – we reconfirmed this yesterday and he still plans on visiting
WR Kundarrius Taylor (OU commit)
WR Jaylon Robinson (OU commit)
OT Reuben Unije – he tweeted out the edit last week
RB TJ Pledger (OU commit)
DB Patrick Fields (OU commit) – spoke with him last night
DB CJ Smith has long been planning a trip to Norman for this upcoming weekend.
QB Tanner Mordecai (OU commit) – Official Visit this weekend.
DB Starrland Baldwin (OU commit) – Official Visit this weekend.