– Leon O’Neal and Bobby Tre Brown: The Sooners may host two 2018 TAMU commits this weekend. I checked with the mother of 2018 DT, Bobby Tre Brown (Arlington, TX) who tells me that they are not sure if they will make the trip up this weekend but are considering it and will know later in the week.
Also, I’m told that Leon O’Neal is thinking of coming up with some of the players from the Houston FAST 7v7 team which includes guys like Arjei Henderson and Theo Wease. – (Super K)
– Arjei Henderson: The Sooners already have a potential star committed in 2019 WR Trejan Bridges. Bridges is very close to with one time Sooners commits Arjei Henderson and Theo Wease. All three, along with Jordan Whittington (spoke with him and will have write later), will be in Norman for the big game vs TCU on Saturday.
There has been a lot of rumors about Theo Wease possibly joining Bridges soon in the 2019 class, but now there is some smoke that Henderson is really coming around to Oklahoma again.
Henderson is currently committed to Oregon though he was at one time committed to the Sooners. On Sunday night, I spoke with Henderson’s father, RJ, and he told me that the sudden change from Stoops to Riley really caught them off guard and made them reevaluate things. Their relationship with the Oregon staff won out, but when asked if they were solid to Oregon RJ told me:
“Nothing is set in stone, you know?”
Henderson has a long time friend, and former 7v7 teammate in Sooners freshman wide receiver Cedee Lamb,”We like what Riley is doing. Especially, with Lamb. He and Arjei are really close.”
RJ spoke about him coaching Lamb and Arjei since Lamb was in 8th grade and Arjei was in 6th. RJ says Lamb talks to Arjei about Oklahoma as well.
The Sooners clearly have a lot of advantages here and for RJ to openly state things with Oregon aren’t set in stone, says a lot.
We checked with a source close to Henderson to see if a flip was possibly this upcoming weekend, “You never know with him (Arjei). He pulled the trigger at Oregon. He could wait till spring or he could get wrapped up if OU beats TCU and commit then.” – (Brandon)
– New 2018 LB Visitor | Andrew Chatfield: Apparently, UCLA DE/OLB commit, Abdul-Malik McClain isn’t the only out of state standout OLB that the Sooners will be hosting this weekend.
We are told the Sooners will also host 2018 OLB, Andrew Chatfield (Fort Lauderdale, FL). Chatfield was a one time Ohio State commit. He decommitted from the Buckeyes back in August. – (Brandon)
– 2019 LB, Marcel Brooks will be in town this weekend.
— 9 (@MarcelBrooks_5) November 7, 2017
The Sooners were in his original list of top schools but he recently said…
Don’t worry. OU is still in the top list.
– Former UCLA SS/LB commit, Dayven Coleman (Mesquite, TX) will be in town this weekend.
— Burger Basket😬 (@ROADS2GREATNESS) November 7, 2017
Coleman said the Sooners are recruiting him, “As OLB/SS basically nickel back. I had a good conversation with coach Cooks and coach Walker. I talked to both for like thirty minuets each and it went great…they want me to come up to the game so I will”.
I checked with sources on the OU side and I don’t expect an offer to come anytime soon. I’m told that the Sooners like him but if an offer were to come, it would be later in the process after they’ve had a chance to see where they stand with guys they’ve been recruiting for a long time. – (Super K)
– Team Note | Secondary: Tre Norwood and Tre Brown are rotating in with the 1st team along with Motley. Checking on the status of JT. As far as who the starters will be, source said, “they’re going to take it through the week and see how those guys work”. – (Super K)
– Ayodele Adeoye: I chatted with Texas LB commit, Ayodele Adeoye (IMG Academy). He confirmed that he will not be able to make the visit to Texas this upcoming weekend. He was originally scheduled to take a official visit to Texas this weekend for the Kanas game.
I asked him if he will definitely reschedule and his answer surprised me a bit. He said, “I don’t know”. That doesn’t sound good for Texas at the moment which is obviously a potentially good thing for OU. – (Super K)