– We are doing a new TFB video feature called “D1 Fraternity” and we’ve started with Oklahoma…
Shooting footage of some top 2019 prospects for a new TFB video feature called “D1 Fraternity”. D1 Fraternity will feature players who excel on & off the field. OK today, St Louis tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/OlzFfotrQu
— Super K (@SuperK_TFB) January 30, 2018
Went and saw 2019 DE, Trace Ford (Edmond Santa Fe) yesterday morning. Ford has picked up a few offers in the past few days which include Memphis, Arkansas State and Iowa State. Coach White said they haven’t heard from OU just yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if Oklahoma drops by later this week.
Ford is thicker than I would’ve expected. Probably a solid 6’2 – 6’3…taller than a guy like Obo but not as long. Good looking player. Obviously, very explosive on film and an incredibly sharp young man. Think he’ll pick up quite a few more offers. – (Super K)
– Daxton Hill: We also saw Daxton Hill and Demarco Jones at Booker T. Washington.
Hill had Arkansas, TCU (Gary Patterson was in the building) and Mike Stoops drop by and visit him. A few things I came away with:
*I’ve been saying Dax is the best DB in TX/OK region. He looks even better in person than I expected. Thick neck, long limbs and broad shoulders. He’s more filled out than I would’ve thought but still plenty of frame. Given how intelligent and physically gifted he is, it’s hard to see Hill not being drafted somewhere in the first three rounds one day.
*It sounds like he is going to be narrowing things down soon. He has so many people recruiting him and I think it’s become a bit much. I get the feeling he wants to narrow things down so he can limit who he is communicating with.
*He told me Kerry Cooks is in constant communication with him and he had pretty big smile on his face when he said it. It really said a lot.
*I do not at all think Oklahoma State is any kind of foregone conclusion. I almost get the sense if he stays in-state that OU may be a more likely destination. My words…not his. I do think he is genuinely considering going out of state. But again, I came away feeling like OU has a better chance than I thought going in. – (Super K)
– Checked with some sources on possible directions OU may go to fill out the remainder of the class. Been told the Sooners aren’t in a rush to make any new offers. Source did say OU “might go after Mario Goodrich“. Goodrich is the ultra athletic CB out of Missouri. Goodrich visited Clemson recently and before that UGA and LSU. The family is considering a final visit to Oregon. So, if the Sooners are going to make a move, it’ll need to be soon.
– In terms of other possible targets, was told they will “look for a possible grad transfer at OL or H-back”.
– Am told that Moro Ojomo is visiting TCU, Miami and Oregon this week. So, it sounds like Lincoln Riley will need to do his visit with Ojomo in an airport. I kid. Sort of. As we noted over the weekend, Ojomo is leaning Texas. OU needs a final visit with him.
– Also, it looks like Tank Jenkins did end up getting the Texas A&M visit scheduled after all. We’ll be trying to see what kind of threat TAMU is to the Sooners.
Jenkins coach told us that Jenkins was planning to visit Ole Miss but we had heard from a source close to Jenkins that he was hoping, instead, to visit TAMU. That happened.
— Tank Jenkins (@_MJ70_) January 30, 2018
– Jalan Robinson: Keeping our eyes out for any potential prospects the Sooners could possibly try and go after to close out the 2018 class we were able to confirm today that OL Coach Bill Bedenbaugh reached out recently to 2018 OT Jalan Robinson out of Lawrence Free State HS in Lawrence, KS. Kid is 6’6″ and 300-pounds and comes from a family with a heavy basketball background. Has a grandpa that played in the NBA for the Knicks, an uncle that played for Maryland and a couple of cousins that played for Kansas State and Columbia as well.
Jalan grew up playing basketball and football but said he realized a couple of years ago that football would be his route moving forward. He currently picked up offers in the last few weeks from Kansas, Mississippi State and Nebraska. He has an unofficial set up to Nebraska tomorrow, will take an official to Mississippi State this weekend and took an official to Kansas this past weekend. Robinson had zero FBS offers leading up to January which he said he believes could have been due to not getting more exposure from attending camps. Bedenbaugh let him know that they had one more spot left on the OL for this class and that Robinson was someone they were possibly interested in speaking with more.
Robinson hasn’t heard from Bedenbaugh since but said if OU was to show more interest or even offer he would definitely look to get to Norman for an official before NSD. However, per sources we have checked in with it sounds like Oklahoma may have their guys all lined up which means nothing will materialize here. However, things can change quickly so just a name to remember over the next week. – (Alex)
– The Numbers: OU has signed 19. They need to get to 25, as numbers cannot be saved/rolled over.
*DaShaun White would make 20.
*Brayden Willis makes 21.
*IF the Sooners are able to land Michael Thompson and Tank Jenkins that would bring them to 23.
*Even if they land the two above, they’d still have two spots left. Targets appear to be Moro Ojomo and Jeremiah Martin.
*Based on my latest intel, Moro is leaning Texas and Martin is leaning Texas A&M.
*We have mentioned Tychicus Tibbs (OL out of Garland as a name to watch) but he let us know that Bedenbaugh told him they won’t have a spot for him.
*Jordon Austin will not sign with OU on signing day. However, a source let us know that if a spot remains after that, then the Sooners may sign him. – (Super K)
– The OKpreps 2020 class is loaded. One of the top players in the class is 2020 Broken Arrow defensive back Myles Slusher. Slusher visited OSU this past weekend and was offered by Mike Gundy.
I spoke with Slusher afterwards and he let me know that he will be at OU Jr day on February 17th. Slusher added that he and his family are big time OU fans. Keep a watch on him. He will be a national recruit.
– Lastly, Sooners defensive back coach, Kerry Cooks, offered Dematha (MD) safety/nickel Nick Cross this past weekend.
I spoke with Cross after his offer and he told me that he and Coach Cooks have been in contact for sometime. He added that OU would “for sure get an official” and that the date he and the OU staff are working on is OU spring game weekend.
That weekend (April 13-15) is looking large for Sooners. So much so that Riley asked fans to pack Gaylord Memorial for the spring game with 80,000.
– We stopped by Millwood to film 2019 RB Marcus Major and WR Demaryion Houston. Both fantastic looking kids and even better young men. Houston looks like he can jump out of the gym. Major is a solidly built, powerful young running back.
Sooners RB coach, Jay Boulware was at Millwood yesterday to check out Marcus Major.
I spoke with Major and he let me know that OU head coach, Lincoln Riley would be calling him and his father last night.
Major was unsure whether he would be receiving an offer or not. He is uncertain no more…
— MDMJ24 (@Md24jr) January 31, 2018
I spoke with Major last night. I’ll have a write up on that conversation this week. – (Brandon)
– Oklahoma outside WR coach Dennis Simmons went down to see 2019 Sooners commit, Trejan Bridges, and his Hebron squad, play basketball last night.
Bridges is about as committed as they come with his father stating they have no plans to visit anyone else but OU on February 17th.
– Oklahoma is working hard to close out the 2018 class with the few remaining targets they have left. One of those is 2018 San Bernardino, CA ( Cajon HS) edge rusher Jeremiah Martin. Oklahoma LB coach, Tim Kish, was out at Cajon HS yesterday to spend the day with elite edge rusher.
Oklahoma is pushing hard to get the commitment of Martin, but one source told me, “Martin is hard read, but definitely down between OU and A&M.” That is in line with what we have been told by various people. One source on the A&M side said that Martin is “telling the Aggies they are his leader”.
It feels like this could be a last minute nail biter. We will keep you updated as we gather information. – (Brandon)