– Jonathan Perkins: Oklahoma seems to always have some sort of connection with players in California. A fair amount of that stems from the Grapes of Wrath era, but there just seems to be a connection with the two states all the way around. That connection seems to be working, once again, in Oklahoma’s favor with 2019 San Bernardino (CA) linebacker, Jonathan Perkins.
Perkins has quite a bit of family in the Tulsa area and is well aware of Oklahoma’s history. So much so that his earliest memories of OU are that of Adrian Peterson. Perkins wasn’t too old when AD was there but he said that “I have always had my eye on them since AD was there. He is the man.”
Those connections have allowed Sooners LB coach Tim Kish to get a head start with Perkins. Perkins is very fond of Kish saying, “That’s my guy right there. We speak nearly everyday.”
With Perkins and Kish relationship growing Perkins has thoughts of his official visit to OU. Though Perkins has yet to set up his visit he told me, “That’s something I have to speak with Coach Kish about, but they are the only visit I have really thought about.” That is saying something since Perkins is considered one of the best 2019 LB in the nation. – (Brandon)
– EJ Ndoma-Ogar: Caught up with 2019 Allen OG & Sooners offer EJ Ndoma-Ogar this past weekend who did confirm Brandon’s report about Cale Gundy going by Allen on Friday to see him and Theo Wease Jr. OU has been recruiting Ndoma-Ogar extremely hard and don’t expect that to change. When I reached out to him to see if he expected any coaches by (before I saw Brandon had already reported it via Wease haha) he let me know he had spoken with Bedenbaugh and Riley earlier in the week.
Talked to him (Bedenbaugh) and Coach Riley earlier this week. Great conversation,” he said. So not only are they making sure to stay in contact often, Gundy went by to see them both and Ndoma-Ogar has already confirmed he will be in Norman this Sunday for Jr. Day. Wease may be as well, but hasn’t confirmed just yet. – (Alex)
– Marcus Hicks: Also caught up with 2019 Wichita, Kansas (Northwest) DE & Sooners offer Marcus Hicks’s father over the weekend as well who informed me that Mike Stoops stated he would be by this week to see Marcus. Not sure on the exact day just yet at this time. – (Alex)
– Calvin Anderson: Rice left tackle graduate transfer, Calvin Anderson, let me know that the Sooners were expected to visit with him this morning. However, the trip has been postponed to Friday.
Anderson has been visited by a number of schools including Texas and Michigan. He will take visits and if the Sooners are interested I expect him to make it up to Norman in the near future. – (Super K)
– Leon O’Neal: As many of you know by now, Leon O’Neal took a visit to Texas A&M this past weekend. He spent the entire weekend in College Station. O’Neal was taken to Texas A&M by the director of the Fast 7v7 organization, Ro Simon.
What most don’t know is that O’Neal actually wanted to take a visit to Oklahoma this past weekend but because Fast 7v7 had tryouts on Sunday, Ro was not able to make the longer trip. Ro has brought players up to Oklahoma a couple times in the past so he is very familiar with the Sooners staff.
As one might expect, this visit to Texas A&M has pushed things back in TAMU’s favor. However, there is still time for O’Neal to get back up to OU on a visit and the Sooners will still have time to do in-home visits.
O’Neal still has two more official visits he’d like to take. Those are tentatively scheduled to be Georgia and Oregon but I’m told he’s still deciding.
I asked what specifically put the Sooners back in race, “DaShaun and Leon were roommates at the Army. There were no Texas A&M commits there. DaShaun was pushing. Starr was pushing. He wants to play with guys who are passionate about the game and he sees that with the OU recruits. He and Bookie got close as well. They talked and Leon sees that they’re similar in that way”.
I was also told, “He wants to go back up to visit OU but it’ll depend on if he can”. – (Super K)
– Moro Ojomo: As you know, 2018 DT, Moro Ojomo (Katy, TX) took a recent visit to Oklahoma. He has been very quiet lately. I spoke with a source regarding Ojomo and was told that his current leaders are Oklahoma and Texas though it sounds like OU has the current edge.
Ojomo will take more visits. Watch for him to take official visits to Texas, Notre Dame and possible Oregon and/or Texas A&M (TAMU did a in-home with Ojomo Monday). – (Brandon)
– Tramonda Moore: OU Football released a list of this year’s early enrollees.
— Oklahoma Football (@OU_Football) January 16, 2018
You may notice the absence of JUCO OL, Tramonda Moore. We checked with a source on whether Moore is expected to make it in for the spring and we were told, “probably not”. We are checking with JUCO to make sure everything is on track for Moore to make to Oklahoma for summer workouts. – (Brandon)
– Demani Richardson: Caught up with 2019 Waxahachie, TX Safety Demani Richardson earlier this week, who informed me that Lincoln Riley will be coming by to see him this week. This is something we have been noticing that is interesting is that it has been Lincoln Riley reaching out initially to defensive prospects we have been speaking to as of late.
For those that don’t know of him Richardson recently added Ohio State to his offer list that also includes Baylor, Georgia, Missouri, TCU & Texas so far. If you haven’t seen his film go on ahead and check it our right quick below. Kid plays S, LB, WR & RB for his squad. Looks bigger on film than 6’0″ & 190-pounds that he is listed at. Love the speed he displays and his ‘I’m a knock your head off’ mentality coming down hill. Kid is a punisher. Looks like a man among boys on his tape. Comes from the same school as Jalen Reagor, a current TCU WR that can fly. Per a source I spoke with earlier tonight some around the Waxahachie program have said he may actually be faster than Reagor.
K caught up with him and should have a full write up on him soon. – (Alex)