– DaShaun White: Sooners LB coach, Tim Kish will back in Richland Hills (TX) LB Dashauan White’s home on Wednesday (tonight). The Sooners LB coach will also be back the following week, on Thursday, and be joined by OU head coach Lincoln Riley.
OU is still trying to flip the talented linebacker. Here are a few notes from my most recent with conversation with White which was after his first in-home with coach Kish:
– The new TAMU head coach, Jimbo Fisher, finally reached to OU target, DaShaun White. Last night, White let me know that the new staff will do a in-home visit with him on Thursday
– In terms of whether White will visit TAMU before making a final decision, “We haven’t even thought about it but we may go with the new staff”.
– White’s mother hasn’t wanted DaShaun to make any rash decisions and the Sooners have been working to make sure she’s on board. It sounds like coach Kish was able to make progress on that front, “She’s come to terms with OU, especially with Kish coming, she heard a lot of what she wanted to hear”.
– I asked White where his mother stands on him possibly flipping to OU if that is what he decides and what a decision timeline might look like, “She’s fine with it I see now but I’m going to push it off till later in the season. Want to be in the moment with this playoff run right now”.
– Lastly, for those who missed my note last week, we have been told that the Sooners have moved on from both Merlin Robertson and Raymond Scott. – (Brandon)
– Deontay Anderson: Deontay Anderson will visit Michigan this weekend along with Van Jefferson (remember him?) and Shea Patterson. Again, Anderson’s first choice is Oklahoma. He has been communicating with Kerry Cooks. The Sooners think Anderson might be a good fit as a NB/OLB.
Here’s where it gets interesting. Anderson tells me that OU would like to take him but it will depend on if a particular decommitment happens. It sounds like the Sooners believe one of their DBs may decommit and if that happens it will open up a spot for them to take Deontay. – (Brandon
– Yesterday, 2018 OL, Curtis Dunlap Jr (IMG Academy) announced his decommitment from Florida. Many of you will recall that prior to committing to Florida, Dunlap had Oklahoma in his top five and many thought the Sooners were really somewhere in his top two or three. I did exchange some texts with Dunlap and he said he has not been in contact with Oklahoma. We’ll see if the Sooners decide to reach out. – (Super K
– On Monday, the Sooners met with Leon O’Neal.
Wanna Thank OU For Stopping By On A Home visit 😁 #BoomerSooner
— Leon O'Neal Jr 9️⃣ (@WakeEmUp9) December 4, 2017
I’ll bottom line this for you. As of right now, I’m told Clemson actually leads. I am also told that O’Neal now wants to visit TAMU. Not feeling good about this one for the Sooners. Having said that, I’d love to see Oklahoma going after one of these two guys from their past…
Cam Jones & Mario Goodrich, two 2018 DBs that might not get all the pub now, but I believe will end up really shining at the next level.
— Super K (@SuperK_TFB) December 5, 2017
Cam Jones decommitted from UCLA. This is a A+ safety. Would love to see the Sooners take him. Goodrich is a smooth, intelligent athlete with more upside than perhaps any of the targets. He’s similar to Josh Proctor as a pure athlete. Goodrich actually has five d1 basketball scholarships.
As of right now, we are told the staff is still remaining focused on Woodbey, Proctor and O’Neal though. That could obviously change. – (Super K)
– Bryant Pirtle Jr.: We are told that the Sooners will visit JUCO OLB/DE, Bryant Pirtle Jr. this week. Also, it sounds like Pirtle will also take a official visit to Oklahoma on the final weekend before early signing. – (Brandon)
– Abdul Malik McClain: Sooners stopped by to see 2018 CA OLB/DE Abdul-Malik McClain. McClain’s mother tells us they will visit Washington this weekend.
— Abdul-Malik McClain (@malikmcclain8_) December 5, 2017