– Nik Bonitto: 2018 LB Nik Bonitto tells me that he is still scheduled to announce his decision at the Under Armour game in early January. He says that he will not sign, however, till February. He was expected to sign this week but says he decided against it. I will note that Nik did tell me a couple weeks back that he was concerned things would get out so it’s entirely possible that he just wants to ensure things stay quiet.
Bonitto is down to Oklahoma, Texas and Louisville. Our prediction is this one will go Oklahoma’s way. – (Super K)
– Ayodele Adeoye: As you all know by now, 2018 MLB Ayodele Adeoye (St. Louis, MO) did end up signing with Texas last night. The Sooners were recruiting Ayodele up until the end. In fact they were in communication with him on Tuesday night and into Wednesday all the way up until around 6:30 PM on Wednesday when the staff made their final pitch to Adeoye over the phone.
This one was close enough to make Texas sweat it out. The Horns were recruiting him all day yesterday as well. In the end Texas won out. – (Super K & Brandon)
– Bobby Tre Brown: Last night, Sooners DL target, Bobby Tre Brown announced his decommitment from Texas A&M and things could get interesting really quickly…
When situations change…decisions are altered~leave no self doubt pic.twitter.com/yDBroWUHeL
— I hate OL's (@tre_brown8700) December 21, 2017
Last night, Tre confirmed that he will announce his decision this Friday. He would not, however, confirm if he will simply commit or if he will indeed sign as well. If I had to guess, I’d say the choice of this Friday which coincides with the final day of early signing period isn’t coincidence.
This one could certainly go Oklahoma’s way. Brown’s mother has always maintained that she loves Oklahoma. On the latest in-home with Riley she spoke glowingly of Riley and Thibbs. – (Brandon & Super K)
– 2018 Final Priorities: Spoke with a source on the OU side who tells us that priority for the remaining spots in this class will go to “linebackers and pass rushers”
The Sooners still want White and Bonitto but since they missed out on Ayodele they would still like to add another linebacker. As we’ve previously noted Solomon Tuliaupupu (Santa Ana, CA) is a guy they visited before the dead period and he plans to visit OU in January. They Sooners would like to add him to the fold. – (Brandon & Super K)
– Abdul-Malik McClain: Just wanted to pass along a note from the mother of 2018 USC DE signee, Abdul-Malik McClain. The Sooners pursued McClain heavily and were in a great spot with him up until USC made the final push for him. McClain’s mother said, “I would like to thank the Sooner family. Coach Riley and Coach Kish and the rest of the team are truly amazing. We love the Sooners and will always be family”.
I know you don’t get a prize for getting second in this game but Oklahoma did a heck of a job on this one. – (Super K)
– Micah Parsons: Sooners came in second here as well. It sounds like Penn State and Parsons reconciled shortly before signing day and had they not, he would’ve ended up at Oklahoma. I would conjecture that this is why there is such a variation in the video production quality between the first part of the video where he appears to commit to OU and the second part where he commits to Penn State. – (Super K)