– Am told that the staff is on the lookout for grad transfer linebackers and offensive tackles. No names have surfaced just yet and it won’t be a situation where they just take anyone. But they’ll be putting together a list of guys this week and evaluating them once everyone is back in the office (coaches are back in the office Wednesday). We did check with Rice OT grad transfer, Calvin Anderson, but he has not yet heard from the Sooners. – (Brandon)
– We are also told that with Lampkin’s departure the Sooners are looking for another defensive tackle. Again, it won’t be a situation where they just take a guy to take a guy. Source said, “they have to see what’s left out there because of the early signing period”. Don’t be surprised if they look through the JUCO ranks. – (Brandon)
– Sooners are going to make a push for Alabama OLB/DE commit, Vernon Jackson. Oklahoma is expected to a in-home visit with him on the first Monday after the dead period (January 14th). As we previously noted, he is still expected to visit on the 26th-28th. Should Jackson make it in it would make his 3rd visit to Oklahoma in the past year. – (Brandon)
– For those of you who missed it, coach Riley tweeted out a double Cookie Monster eyes last week. We can tell you this is in reference to one player, not two. Also it is in reference to a very highly rated 2019 defensive prospect. The player is making a video (not with us). Not sure on a timeline for his announcement. – (Super K)
– Also worth going back to the famous four cookie monster eyes that Riley tweeted out a while back. As most of you know by now that was in reference to Unije, Bookie, White and Perkins.
The Sooners ultimately decided to go in a different direction on Unije. Perkins announced soon after the visit. Bookie and White were silent commits. Bookie had planned all along to make his final announcement at the Army game. White had actually planned on announcing things much sooner but had a lot of work to do to get his whole family on board which he was ultimately able to do. – (Super K)