– So, perhaps I’d written off the Sooners as it comes to Micah Parsons but clearly the Sooners haven’t given up hope. Parson’s father let us know that Coach Riley and Coach Thibs visited them last Friday.
Have to say, this is interesting to me. Riley was in the area for the awards ceremony this weekend but still, he isn’t going to Harrisburg, PA unless they think they at least have a chance.
— Super K (@SuperK_TFB) December 8, 2017
– New Linebacker name to know is 2018 Denver (CO) LB Adrian Jackson. Jackson is committed to Oregon (who just hired Mario Cristobol as HC). Jackson is also going to be playing in the Under Armor All American Game at the beginning of next year. The communication between OU and Jackson has just begun, but it is quickly heating up as Jackson says OU will be by to see him next week. I will have more on this.
– Sooners are expected to be back in California to see several recruits and do in-homes starting early this week. One name that hasn’t been talked about much is Mater Dei HS LB Solomon Tuliaupupu. Oklahoma was supposed to do an in-home with Solomon last week, but he had foot surgery on the day of the scheduled visit so OU is going back next week to see the star LB. Source tells me that Tim Kish and Lincoln Riley will both be there.
– A 2019 name to know is Lexington (OH) TE/DE Cade Stover. Oklahoma is visiting Stover today at his school and Lincoln Riley is expected to be there after flying in from his in-home with Micah Parsons. If you’re thinking Stover is a long shot, think again. There is a deep, deep history there and I will go further in that with a full write up on Stover. I will say OU expects to recruit him as an athlete because they see him as a potential Mark Andrews type on offense, but love his potential at DE too.
– Sooners are aggressively pursuing guys like Dashaun White, Ayodele Adeoye, Abdul Malik-McClain, Jeremiah Martin and Nik Bonnito. And as we mentioned above, they are in on CO LB Adrian Jackson.
We do not expect anything further to come of OU and Merlin Robertson. OU did in fact visit him last week, but I was told it was more of them doing the right thing and letting him know that they had to move in a different direction at his position. According to the source it wasn’t just one thing, but several that added up to have OU make this decision. We had previously been told that this move was coming.
– The other Cali defender that Oklahoma is moving on from is one that will sting a little more…Jaiden Woodbey. Woodbey was supposed to visit on multiple occasions, but whether it was a game, grandma’s retirement party or whatever, the visit never could come to fruition.
I am told Woodbey has been “virtually MIA” as of late. OU planned to see Woodbey today but we do not believe that visit will happen any longer. – (Brandon)
– Cam Jones: Caught up with 2018 Mansfield, TX S Cam Jones, who if you missed it recently de-committed from UCLA after Jim Mora was fired. Jones held a Sooners offer at one point.
K and myself have been vocal on Twitter about the fact we think OU should try and get back involved with him. Well per Jones they recently did reach back out to him.
However due to circumstances according to Jones, the Sooners will not be getting re-involved with the talented Safety. When I asked if they were wanting to know if he was still interested in them his response was…
“Yeah only thing is I would have to sign on the 20th for a spot so im not gonna do it.” – (Alex)
– Tank Jenkins: I don’t know how many times 2018 OL Tank Jenkins (Montgomery, AL) was scheduled to visit OU and something prevented it from happening. It started to look like it was never going to happen. One thing is clear though, the Sooners want Jenkins. Coach Bedenbaugh visited the big man this past weekend…
— Tank Jenkins (@_MJ70_) December 11, 2017
It looks like that visit to OU may finally happen. Jenkins tells me that he will take a official visit to Oklahoma this upcoming weekend.
If it does happen, keep an eye out for a Boom. Jenkins tells me that the in-home with coach Bedenbaugh went very well.
I did check with a SEC source and was told that Auburn does not appear to be pushing for Jenkins. Last time a SEC school made that mistake, OU got themselves a first round OT. Bedenbaugh knows what he wants and he can coach them up…plus who doesn’t want a interior linemen nick-named “Tank”? – (Super K)