– Back in early February I introduced a 2019 OLB/DE as a name to know in Sulaiman Kpaka out of Grand Prairie, TX (Feb 2-4 Open Post). At the time I mentioned Kpaka had offers from Kansas and Purdue but said that would soon change. And it definitely has as he has since added offers from programs like Boston College, Hawaii, Tulane, UTSA and Vanderbilt.
Oklahoma had made initial contact back in early March asking Kpaka his size, which is currently at 6’3″ & 235-pounds but not much came of it. That may be changing as Thibodeaux recently reached back out again and informed Kpaka he is looking to get down real soon to see him in person. A date hasn’t been set just yet but once we know of one we will keep you informed. – (Alex)
– On Friday, the Sooners offered 2020 DE Alec Bryant, Pearland (TX) Shadow Creek.
— AB ₉₂ (@AlecBryant7) April 27, 2018
Bryant is listed as a 6’2″ 228 lb. Weakside Defensive End. He currently holds offers from TCU, Oregon Sate, and SMU among others, but it is safe to say that his list will grow quite rapidly in the very near future since the Sooners offered. I was able to catch up with him to briefly talk about the OU offer.
After congratulating him on receiving the offer, I asked him how it went down and he said, “Coach Thibbs came down to my practice a few days ago, and today he and coach Riley called me and offered.”
Alec told me that while the coaches have already been by, they plan on stopping in again this spring to check in on him. I asked if he had been to Norman yet and he told me “No I haven’t, but I will be going up to the cookout (ChampUBBQ) this summer”
As we were wrapping up the discussion, I was asking if the OU offer carried any extra special significance and to my surpise, he replied “Yes sir, its been my dream offer my entire life, and it means even more to me now that one of my close friends is going there.”
Who is that friend? That would be 2019 OU Defensive Line commit, Kori Roberson.
This one will certainly be one to keep an eye on for Sooner fans. – (Charlie)
– Elite Safety Dax Hill out of Tulsa, (OK) Booker T Washington High School, dropped his “Final Six” on Twitter.
My Final 6‼️ Thankful for every school that has offered me an opportunity to play at their university and taking the time to recruit me but these six schools are the schools I will further communicate with and decide my commitment…⏰ pic.twitter.com/WkTiWIawa4
— #DaxHill (@daxhill5) April 27, 2018
While it is no surprise that the Sooners made the cut, there was one very interesting surprise with the list…there was no LSU.
LSU has long been thought of as a major threat to land his services by OU, and their omission helps to further our belief that the Sooners are in a very good spot with Dax.
Hill has visited Alabama and Michigan unofficially and Ohio State has had some recent success in Oklahoma as you are all well aware of, but in our opinion, this will come down to location. We are still under the impression that there are people around Dax who would prefer him to stay closer to home and we do not get the strong sense that he is opposed to that.
There is still a ways to go in this recruitment, but one large hurdle has been overcome for now with LSU seemingly out of the running. – (Charlie)
Quick Hitters | Dallas Regional Nike Opening
* Talked to someone close to Stacey Wilkins. Definitely came away with the feel that it’s an OU/Texas battle. I will have more on Wilkins later, but all things are looking good for OU at this moment.
* Spoke a bit with 2019 OLB/DE Trace Ford (Edmond Santa Fe) and he told me that Mike Stoops and Calvin Thibodeaux are gonna come look at him during the spring eval period. Ford was well over 225lb and ran a 4.68 laser timed 40 yard dash.
Dont be surprised if Ford, who is picking up massive steam on recruiting trail, picks up an OU offer soon(er) than later.
* Alex will have much more on Sooners commit, EJ Ndoma-Ogar, but he definitely worked on Stacey Wilkins. Ndoma-Ogar really had an excellent day, as well. Sooners got a good one.
* 2019 Allen (TX) OL EJ Ndoma-Ogar was named OL MVP and got Finals invite.
* 2019 Allen (WR) Theo Wease was also invited to Opening Finals.
* Targets: Aledo (TX) DB Jeffrey Carter and Booker T Washington (Tulsa) DB Dax Hill were also named to finals group. Hill was named top DB.
* Lastly, I watched Trejan Bridges pretty intently and he was phenomenal. I expect him to get an opening finals invite at a later date. – (Brandon)